BYME successfully delivered full turnkey E&M system for this prestigious landmark of Hong Kong. The multi-national design and construction teams had managed to implement remarkable energy-efficient solutions such as thermal storage system, textile duct system, and many others. All those delicate systems are to serve for over 70,000 m2 of modular, column-free, state-of-the art ground floor exhibition space and the biggest purpose-built indoor seated entertainment area in Hong Kong with a maximum capacity of 14,000 seats.
Scope of works
Design, supply, installation, Testing & Commissioning (T&C) and maintenance of all Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) services to serve over 70,000 m2 exhibition space:
Air Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV)
- Cooling capacity: 2,810 TR (ton of refrigeration) down from 7,100 TR through diligent Value Engineering
- Thermal storage system: 71 MWh capacity @ -5.5 °C as a leverage to reduce the chiller plant capacity
- Textile diffuser duct system which optimized the Installation and maintenance costs
- Air Handling Unit: 104 units
- Fan Coil Unit: 245 units
Electrical and Extra Low Voltage (ELV) system
- HV/LV transformer: 22 x 1,500 kVA
- LV switchboard: 120 nos.
- LV generator set: 5,550 kVA total capacity
- Extra Low Voltage systems including communication, security and access control, Information display system, and other systems
- BEAM detectors for exhibition halls
- Sprinkler heads: 25,000 nos.