The CLP Castle Peak Cable Tunnel is designed to bring the essential additional power supplies from the Castle Peak and Black Point Power Stations to the growing urban areas of Tuen Mun and the Chek Lap Kok. The 4.5 km long tunnel allows for the installation of eight high voltage cable distribution circuits.
The works executed by BYME under this contract include design, supply and installation of all electrical and mechanical (E&M) works.
Notable design challenges include the Environmental Control System in relation to hot and hazardous gas, and the high voltage power distribution system along the 4.5 km tunnel
Scope of works
Design, supply, installation and Testing & Commissioning (T&C) of all Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) services for 4.5 km cable long tunnel
- Tunnel Ventilation System
- Tunnel Electrical Distribution System
- Dry Fire Services
- Gas Detection System for tunnel
- Extra Low Voltage System
- Sump Pump System
- Tunnel Tetra Radio Communication System
- Tunnel Security and CCTV System
- Tunnel Telephone System
- Temperature Sensor System for tunnel
- Tunnel Evacuation Alarm System