The East Tsing Yi Viaduct connects the Stonecutters Bridge and Nam Wan Tunnel. This viaduct, which is a dual three-lane viaduct, forms part of the 7.6 km long Route 8 that links Lantau Island, Tsing Yi Island, Cheung Sha Wan Island, and Sha Tin.
Within the scope of the contract, BYME was tasked to provide the Electrical, Fire Services and Plumbing & Drainage System for road traffic and other services.
The project was successfully delivered and officially opened on 20 December 2009.
Scope of works
Design, supply, installation and Test & Commissioning (T&C) of all Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) services:
- Power supply and distribution systems for road gantry equipment
- Lighting & small power system inside viaduct service tunnel
- Earthing & Lightning Protection Systems for viaduct
- Fire Services (FS) System at viaduct centralized FS pump room
- Plumbing & Drainage System (P&D)