The idea of a bridge connecting Hong Kong, Zhuhai, and Macau was first coined in 1983. Having been in development for 26 years, the construction of this bridge finally started in 2009.
Spanning over 50 km, Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macau Bridge is set to be the key improvement to the socio-economic aspects of the region.
BYME’s scope of works in this very challenging project include the supply and installation of HV distribution system from Scenic Hill Tunnel Ventilation Building to provide electrical distribution supply for all the equipment at bridge. In addition, the scope of works also include the supply and installation of road lighting system, general lighting at carriageway and deck void area, and pile cap/navigation channel lighting to aid boat operators. Complementing the operation and maintenance processes, SCADA system is provided to allow monitoring of major equipment such as HV system and power meters located at diferent parts of the systems. Finally, complete main earth & clean earth systems for electrical distribution supply and ELV system are provided to ensure the highest level of safety in the operation of the systems.
Scope of works
Design, supply, installation, Testing & Commissioning (T&C) for all Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) services:
- 6.6kV Power Distribution System
- HV Switchgear
- LV/HV Step-up Transformer
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
- Pillar box, Mains & Sub-main Distribution Switchgear
- Cable Containment System Inside Utility Trough
- Road Lighting System
- Deck Void Lighting & Small Power System
- Pile Cap Lighting System
- Navigation Channel Lighting System
- Final Distribution System
- Earthing & Lightning Protection System
- E&M provision for rooms at round-about
- SCADA system
- Structural cabling
- CCTV mast with navigation light
- Cable Hanger
- LED Road Lighting System