The HSBC Centre consists of three office towers. The existing central chiller plants of the three office towers are all located on the roofs which made logistics arrangements complicated.
We were also tasked to remove the existing 13 sets of centrifugal-type air-cooled chillers, with a total installed cooling capacity of 15,123 kW, equivalent to 4,300 Tonnes of Refrigeration.
The new chiller plants of these three towers consists of nine sets of oil-free air-cooled chillers and twelve sets of chilled water pumps were all directly procured by the client.
Extensive design verification and coordination with the client’s supplier for both installation and T&C were executed.
Scope of works
Design, supply, delivery, decommissioning and installation of chiller plants:
- Replacement of chiller plants
- Replacement of chilled water pumps
- Design and modification of the existing LV switchboard
- Design and installation of the new Building Management System (BMS)
- Approval applications and submissions to respective authorities in relation to builders’ works