BYME Engineering (HK) Ltd. successfully delivered complex E&M systems consisting of Electrical, Extra Low Voltage, Fire Services, Plumbing, and Drainage services for the Kai Tak Cruise Terminal Building -leading gateway to Asia and fulfill the increasing demands of cruise liners in the region.
Tight program, extensive building services elements coordination are the major challenge to the Cruise Terminal project.
The E&M plant rooms, most of which are located underground which complicate installation of E&M facilities. All these E&M facilities were commissioned to accommodate the operation of cruise terminal facilities comprising customs checkpoint, immigration checkpoint, quarantine area, police enforcement facility, security screening, baggage handling, ticketing, passenger check-in area, passenger waiting and queuing, and other facilities.
Scope of works
Design, supply, installation and Testing & Commissioning (T&C) of all Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) services, excluding ACMV:
Electrical and Extra Low Voltage (ELV) system
- Transformers – 15 MVA
- LV switchboard – 30 nos.
- Main and sub-main power cable – 82,618 m
- Central Control and Monitoring System – 6,610 low-level points and 11,288 high-level points
- Energy efficient lighting fixture – 12,361 points
- Photovoltaic panels – 110 nos.
Fire Services (FS)
- Drencher system
- Over 25,000 sprinkler heads
Plumbing and Drainage (P&D)
- Rainwater collection tanks for irrigation purposes
- Pumps with variable speed drives – 20 nos.
- Solar water heating system