This tunnel was constructed in a bid to alleviate traffic congestion at Tuen Mun Road, Tate’s Cairn Tunnel, and Castle Peak Road, and to connect New Territories West to urban areas of Kowloon West and Hong Kong Island.
BYME was then appointed to provide the complete E&M installation for this 5.48 km railway tunnel, which forms a part of the West Rail Project.
The West Rail Project is considered pivotal in linking the Northwest New Territories of Hong Kong with urban Kowloon.
Scope of works
Design, supply, and installation of all Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) services:
Environmental Control System for tunnel:
- Mechanical Ventilation System
- Air Conditioning System
- Air Distribution System
Electrical and Extra Low Voltage (ELV) for tunnel:
- Power Supply System
- LV Power Distribution System
- UPS System
- Emergency Generator Power Supply System
- Lighting System
- Earthing & Lightning Protection System
- Building Management and Programmable Logic Control Systems
Tunnel Fire Services (FS)