New Civil Aviation Department Headquarters is located at the south-eastern part of the Chek Lap Kok island. Strategically positioned closed to the new Hong Kong International Airport, the Civil Aviation Department headquarter is set to command, control, and monitor the airspace of the region.
The facility comprises an Air Traffic Control Centre and other associated facilities such as examination & training facility, offices, multi-purpose auditorium, conference rooms, education path, and a Tier III-ready Data Centre which is the most crucial part assuring the security of flight.
- Tier 1 = Non-redundant capacity components (single uplink and servers).
- Tier 2 = Tier 1 + Redundant capacity components.
- Tier 3 = Tier 1 + Tier 2 + Dual-powered equipment and multiple uplinks.
BYME delivered yet another successful E&M system package of Electrical, ELV, Fire Services and Plumbing & Drainage for this mission-critical facility (Data Centre).
- Seamless coordination with the main contractor on the selection and certification of lights
- To strike a balance between various factors the level of lighting
Apart from most secure electrical power distribution system of this project, another peculiar system of this mission-critical facility is its dynamic lighting control. The bi-color LED downlight used throughout the facility are adjusted on demand-response basis during the day to achieve optimal visual performance and comfort. As the facility is occupied by air traffic controllers, the control system also ensures that all the illuminant features are glare-free to achieve the highest level of operational safety.
Scope of works
Design, supply, installation and Testing & Commissioning (T&C) of all Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) services (excluding MVAC):
- LV transformer: 12 x 1,500 kVA
- LV switchboard: 32 nos together with 100 nos automatic change over system for power reliability
- Main and sub-main power cable: 32 km
- Underfloor trunking system: 11.5 km
- Energy efficient lighting fixture: 21,218 nos.
- Dynamic lighting control
- Photovoltaic panels: 18 kW of peak capacity
- Solar powered street light
Extra Low Voltage (ELV) system
- Integrated security system comprising:
- Security IP cameras
- Intruder alarms
- Access control systems
Fire Services (FS)
- Smoke and heat detectors: 1,290 nos.
- Sprinkler heads: 12,615 nos.