In order to cope with the increasing demand of broadcasting, TVB initiated the plan to construct its new business complex, TVB City. This strategy enables access to reliable and future-proofed power and communication solutions.
To cater this mega broadcasting development, huge Air-Conditioning (AC) plant, large electrical backup distribution system and delicate firefighting system for the sophisticated recording and sound equipment formed a major element of the works and the key factors of this project success.
Together with Young’s Engineering Co. Ltd. in a joint venture arrangement, BYME was tasked to commission the complete E&M package required for serving 118,000m2 of studios, offices, workshops and restaurants as well as 54,000m2 of external works housed in approximately 9-hectare site.
Scope of works
Design, supply, installation and Testing & Commissioning (T&C) of all Electrical & Mechanical (E&M) services (In JV with Young’s Engineering Co. Ltd.) for 118,000m2 of studios, offices, workshops and restaurants as well as 54,000m2 of external works housed in approximately 9-hectare site.
Air Conditioning and Mechanical Ventilation (ACMV)
- Water-cooled chiller: 5 x 570 TR
- Water-to-water heat pump: 5 x 700 kW
- Air-cooled chiller: 3 x 300 TR
Reliable Electrical and its backup system
- HV/LV transformer: 10 x 1,500 kVA
- LV generator set: 1 x 800kVA, 2 x 1250kVA, 1 x 1600kVA, and 1 x 1800kVA
- Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) Unit: 1 x 60 kVA, 1 x 100 kVA, 2 x 120 kVA, 3 x 160 kVA, 2 x 200 kVA, and 2 x 250 kVA
Fire Services (FS)
- Sprinkler head: 22,000 nos.
- FS pump: 15 sets
- Hydrant: 90 nos.
- FM200 System: 82 sets (16,000kg)
Plumbing & Drainage (P&D)
- Upfeed and transfer pump: 36 sets
- GRP water tank: 32 nos.