The Parisian Macao is Sands China’s fourth property in the Cotai Strip area of Macau. The Parisian Macao features approximately 3,000 hotel rooms and suites, a large gaming space, 170 retail shops, a half-scale Eiffel Tower, 56,000 sq. feet of Meetings, Incentives, Conferences, and Exhibitions (MICE) space, diverse food and beverage options, and entertainment facilities.
BYME, through its subsidiary of BYME Engineering (Macau) Ltd., was tasked to supply and install the Electrical System at The podium which consists of Basement 2, Basement 1, Lower Ground, and Level 1 to Level 6. The Podium scope of works encapsulate various areas including carpark, retail shops, gaming area, back of house and front offices, Food & Beverage outlets, mechanical plantrooms, electrical switch rooms, and electrical distribution rooms.
Effective co-ordination with other E&M Services within the huge area of podium is the key to success of this project. Well planned logistics is also critical to manage extensive equipment and workforce across the site.
The project was delivered on time in Q3 of 2016,
Scope of works
Supply, installation, and Testing & Commissioning (T&C) of the following extensive Electrical Systems and Equipment at The Podium:
- 1,600 kVA HV/LV transformer: 31 sets
- LV switchboard: 13 sets
- 300 kVAR capacitor bank: 32 sets
- Automatic Transfer Switch and Manual Transfer Switch bypass panel: 34 sets
- 80 kVA to 300 kVA uninterruptible power supply unit: 20 sets
- Main and sub-main power cable: 500 km
- Back of house lighting fixture: 9,000 nos.
- MCCB and MCB board: 1,000 nos.
- MCCB and MCB unit: 29,800 nos.
- Cable containment and support: 100 km