12 H&S Basics
- NEVER bring, consume or be under the influence of alcohol or drugs in the workplace.
- ALWAYS wear the minimum required PPE on site at all times, and wear specific PPE adapted to the risks of the task.
- ALWAYS wear the vehicle or machine seat belt. ALWAYS respect the pedestrian/vehicle routes, ensure their separation and signpost them. NEVER use a phone while operating any vehicle or machine. NEVER use a motorized machine with 2 or 3 wheels for a business trip.
- ALWAYS carry out daily safety briefings and warm-up sessions before the work starts.
- ALWAYS conduct a risk assessment prior to any task and implement the preventive and control measures identified. ALWAYS protect yourself from physical, chemical, radiological and radiation hazards.
- ALWAYS move loads, manually or mechanically, safely. ALWAYS prepare a lift suitability survey and a lifting plan before any mechanized lifting operation. NEVER go under the load during hooking-up & unhooking or raising & lowering. NEVER stand between a lifted load and a fixed obstacle.
- ALWAYS guarantee the stability of equipment, materials, machinery and the working environment.
- ALWAYS check the absence of energy (electrical tension, hydraulic pressure…) prior to carrying any service/maintenance/repair/test on an equipment. ALWAYS apply LOTO on the equipment on which tasks are carried out. ALWAYS apply one person/one lock/one key principle. NEVER start carrying out any task on an equipment where LOTO is not applied and absence of energy has not been verified.
- ALWAYS use the correct power tools authorized by BYCN.
- ALWAYS favour metal collective protection to prevent falls from height and falling objects
- ALWAYS carry out work at height from stable and controlled metal equipment. NEVER work from ladders, stepladders.
- ALWAYS stop working if conditions are unsafe and alert supervision or management.
Last updated on 23 June 2021